Date:      16 Jul 2002 11:27:14 +0200
From:      Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: evolution

Am Di, 2002-07-16 um 05.17 schrieb Joe Marcus Clarke:
> On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 13:09, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Evolution isnt building here, because of the following:
> >
> > configure searches gtk-config, I just have gtk12-config here.  So
> > evolution tells me to set the GKT_CONFIG environment variable.  If I do
> > so, it doesn't find glib-config because I dont have glib-config here,
> > there is just a glib12-config.  I tryed to set the environment variable
> > GLIB_CONFIG, but that does not influence the evolution configure
> > script.  Is there something wrong with the evolution 1.8 port?
>
> Make sure you have the latest version of /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnomeng.mk as
> well as the latest evolution Makefile.  I don't see a problem with the
> Makefile (i.e. GLIB_CONFIG and GTK_CONFIG is set properly).

Oh yes, everything is up to date.  I never post a problem, when my
sources aren't that.

Could it be that my problme is because of my own entrys at the beginning
of the bsd.gmome.mk I always use so gnome1 will not be installed,
because I'm running gnome2.

Here are the first few lines of my bsd.gnome.mk:

#-*- mode: Fundamental; tab-width: 4; -*-
# ex:ts=4
#
# $FreeBSD: ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk,v 1.18 2002/07/11 16:32:25 sobomax Exp
$
#       $NetBSD: $
#
.if defined(WITHOUT_GNOME) && defined(USE_GNOME)
.undef USE_GNOME
USE_GNOMELIBS=yes
.endif

# Please view me with 4 column tabs!

.if !defined(USE_GNOMENG)
.if !defined(_POSTMKINCLUDED)

# Please make sure all changes to this file are past through the
maintainer.
# Do not commit them yourself (unless of course you're the Port's Wraith
;).
Gnome_Include_MAINTAINER=       gnome@FreeBSD.org

Is there the Problem to find?  my GTK_CONFIG and GLIB_CONFIG variables
aren't set right now, like the evolution configure script tells me...

Martin

--
     Virtuelle Jugendarbeit auf http://create.kleinerdrache.org
            ...  bald kommt ein neues Layout  ...