Date:      04 Nov 2002 18:53:17 +0000
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Printing to HP845c attached to Win2K - over samba?

--=-OIe0mjYn+Rn1xqRwi4NZ

Hi Warren,
   Man, thanks for the reply!

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 13:15, Warren Block wrote:
> On 4 Nov 2002, Stacey Roberts wrote:
>=20
> > The printer initializes itself (the usual "about to print" noise)
> > Takes sheet of paper from paper tray
> > Printer stops
> > Manual Paper feed button light starts blinking
> > I press the blinking light button
> > One sheet is ejected, with one line (stepped) at the top
> >=20
> > Any ideas as to what's wrong here? The document I tested is a simple
> > text file (/etc/hosts).
>=20
> It sounds like it's working, but you need an input filter to convert
> line feeds to CR/LF, and then need to add a form feed at the end of the
> job.  I know the Handbook section on printing talks about the LF/CRLF
> issue, can't recall if it mentions adding form feeds.  Take care of the
> stairstepping first, then form feeds will be easy.

Input filter., I take it you're referring to smbprint. Forgive me, but I
really know very little about printing as it is, and would appreciate
guidance here.

I've ready through smbprint, and it doesn't mention print-control chars
that are included anywhere.., so are the carraige-return and line-feed
control chars to be included by myself before copying smbprint to the
location referenced here: "`dirname $0`/smbclient"?

Thanks again for the reply. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Stacey
> =20
> -Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota USA
>=20
>=20
--=20
Stacey Roberts