Date:      06 Nov 2002 10:51:37 -0800
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Laptop short list - and the winner is!

It looks like I'll get a IBM thinkpad T30.  I thank the list for the
input!  There were a few things that pushed it towards the T30...

- It's supposed to be physically robust, for lots of travel.  I have
heard things about Dells, etc. have problems with the hinges.
- It's has a serial port, which I occasionally need to bootstrap systems
(even my desktop FreeBSD box when X locks up)  I would otherwise
probably get an X series.
- I need to do windows stuff to support some security work.  Honestly,
the new Macs seem much nicer, even for the same money, and draw less
power - if I didn't specifically have to support windows apps I would
get the Mac.
- I do some sales work with IBM, so the politics are better.

Thanks again,

Mike H.