Date:      22 Nov 2002 11:12:26 +0100
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>
To:        Nick Johnson <freebsd@spatula.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [SUCCESS] Trying to compile HotSpot on 4.7-STABLE

Am Fr, 2002-11-22 um 09.33 schrieb Nick Johnson:
> On 22 Nov 2002, Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately the hotspot engine would not run Together.  It hung during
> > startup.  Well... I couldn't really hope that it would work.
>
> Are you sure it hung?  Even on my windows box and solaris box it takes
> TogetherJ like 5 minutes (literally) to get started...
>
>    Nick

You are right, it doesn't completely hang.  I noticed that about 30
minutes ago when I tried again.

It pops up the splash screen after about 10 seconds, and then it hangs.
If you hide and expose the splash screen, it does not get updated.  The
java process consumes hardly any cpu.

Then after 10 *MINUTES* or so, it suddenly updates the splash screen,
moving the progress bar further.  Then it pauses again as above.  The
same repeats after another 10 minutes.

I'll let it continue in the background and see what happens.

--
Regards,
Georg.