Date:      05 Mar 2003 02:17:18 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd not working :(

--=-8xPOqBoZZX9jastcTcG7

I'm having problems being a gateway for my freebsd box at home (I can
acccess internet, but others can't).

I have no problem to use the internet from my freebsd box with or
without the natd rule enabled.

This is what is puzzling me. I can access the outside net, through natd
and via tun0, so natd must be working. Again I confirmed this by the
count on ipfw rule which is showing that I am going through natd via the
divert rule.

What is it other than gateway, and natd that might be causing packets
not be routed properly for the other clients? I've checked that the
gateway ip and tcpip connection is ok for the clients also.

Any help would be much appreciated as always.

fxp0 =3D conneciton to local network
fxp1 =3D pppoe device that ppp uses
tun0

I've confirmed that,

net.inet.ip.forwarding: 1

and here's my setup:

in rc.conf

gateway_enable=3D"YES"
ppp_enable=3D"YES"
ppp_mode=3D"ddial"
ppp_profile=3D"streamyx"
firewall_enable=3D"YES"
firewall_script=3D"/etc/ipfw.rules"
firewall_quiet=3D"NO"
log_in_vain=3D"NO"
natd_enable=3D"YES"
natd_interface=3D"tun0"
natd_flags=3D"-dynamic"

and my simple firewall rules (I've deleted stuff which is not important
and working like dns, ntp etc.):

#firewall command

fwcmd=3D"/sbin/ipfw"
   =20
# Force a flushing of the current rules before we reload.
$fwcmd -f flush

##### RULES FOR INTERNAL NETWORK ######

# Setup localhost
$fwcmd add allow ip from any to any via lo0

$fwcmd add allow any from any to any via fxp0

# Divert all packets through the tunnel interface.
$fwcmd add divert natd all from any to any via tun0

--=-8xPOqBoZZX9jastcTcG7

--=-8xPOqBoZZX9jastcTcG7--