Date:      22 Jul 2003 03:20:53 +0000
From:      "Adriel Cardenas G." <acgx@softhome.net>
To:        GNOME FreeBSD <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   trouble starting gdm

Hi:

I've just make a fresh install from a CD, and made a portupgrade -ra
(after update via cvsup the ports three), then using the script (gdm.sh)
try to start gdm but nothing happened. So I tried to start it manually,
but nothing happened, although when I enter gdm again I get a message
telling me that gdm is already running, and it appears to be running but
there's no screen on ttyv8. This is no XFree86 related problem, due X
work perfectly when I start it via startx.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Adriel

# uname -a
FreeBSD unxstar 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: Sat Jun 21 22:54:24
CDT 2003     root@unxstar:/usr/src/sys/compile/UNXSTARIV  i386

# ls -l /var/run/ | grep gdm
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel        4 Jul 20 22:17 gdm.pid

--
         Adriel Cardenas G.                    _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \

         http://www.aztlansystems.net/

Hola! Soy un virus de firma para tus correos! Copiame a tu ~/.signature
para ayudar a extenderme!
--