Date:      25 Jul 2003 17:12:27 -0700
From:      Octavian Hornoiu <octavian@hacknslash.org>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   WITH_FAM=yes

I followed the instructions on the freebsd gnome2 FAQ about using FAM on
freebsd 4.8.  I did the following:

1. added "WITH_FAM=yes" to /etc/make.conf
2. added 'portmap_enable="YES"' to /etc/rc.conf
3. removed 'nfs_reserved_port_only="YES"' from /etc/rc.conf
4. did a "portupgrade -fR gnome2" to force an entire rebuild of all
packages required by gnome2
5. rebooted my computer

However, I am still not seeing any folder updates in nautilus when i do
something like add a folder in konqueror or untar a file.  What am i
missing here in getting FAM to work?

Thanks in advance!

Octavian

p.s.  Please make sure to CC me on any replies as i am not subscribed to
the list