Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:59:04 +0200
From:      Anton - Valqk <lists@lozenetz.net>
To:        FreeBSD - net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPP+FreeRadius problem.

Hello there, again.
I'm posting because the config files that you gave me(to Andrew Karjagin
<Andrew.Karjagin@newmail.ru>) are almost the same with my own.

The problem is not that it's not workin :)
pptp+ppp+radius authenticates the user etc. etc. if the user has a
Frame-IP-Address (static one) in the mysql table of freeradius, all
works just fine for him, but!
When I try to use ippool feature of the freeradius to get a dynamic
assinged ip, I don't get becasue ippool requires a NAS-Port and address,

when testing with radtest all works just fine because radtest sends
"NAS-Port" parameter to freeradius and it gives an ip addres,
when I try to connect using pptp+ppp(ppp with set radius) I don;t get
the ip because ippool says there is no NAS-Port.

So the problem consists of that :
How can I make ppp to send NAS-Port parameter to the freeradius server?
Why ppp sends NAS-Port-Type = "Virtual" and when will send parameter
NAS-Port???
It's ok for me if anyone can tell me how can I make a dynamic ip
assignments from the ppp(not from the radius)....

here are my  confs:

/etc/ppp/radius.conf:
auth    rt:1812 "bl4bl4"        5       4
acct    rt:1812 "bl4bl4"        5       4

/etc/ppp/ppp.conf
pptp:
 accept MSCHAPv2
 enable MSCHAPv2
 disable chap
 disavle pap
 set log -LQM -command
 set mrru 1500
 set mru 1504                   # Room for the MP header
 set lqrperiod 60
 set lqrperiod 10
 disable deflate
 disable mppe