Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:52:35 +1000
From:      Andrew Thomson <andrewjt@applecomm.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnome settings daemon failing to start

Hi,

After my upgrade to 2.6, everything went smoothly except for when I
startup, I get a little dialogue complaining that the "gnome settings
daemon" could not be started and thefore I get dodgy icons on the
desktop.

I have created a new user and tried starting gnome and it all comes up
perfectly. So I assume I have something funny lying around in one of the
gnome . directories.

I have tried removing some obvious ones but no luck yet...

.esd_auth
.gconf
.gconfd
.gnome
.gnome2
.gnome2_private
.metacity
.nautilus

Any clues on what's causing this problem?

Thanks,

ajt.