Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:15:10 -0700
From:      Derrick MacPherson <dmacpherson@mainframe.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4-10 install, RAM parity errors that don't seem to happen in Linux.

I am trying to move as much of our servers as I can to FreeBSD, and
there's a few boxes that they have here that the RAM is a about 2 mm
high and requires the case (1U machines) to press on the RAM when
closed. These machines run RH Linux for months without a problem, yet 3
out of 4 I just pulled are giving RAM parity problems during FreeBSD
instalation.

Does FreeBSD not allow/recover from those types of errors the same way
Linux does? Any solutions?