Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:52:47 +0800
From:      francisv@dagupan.com
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   suEXEC on FreeBSD

Hi,

I want to use suEXEC on our shared hosting space but I'm having problems
with the existing structure. suEXEC wouldn't run CGIs if they're not
directly under the DocumentRoot but we have:

	Domain.name

		+-- README
		+-- htdocs
		+-- cgi-bin
		+-- logs

All .{s}html, .php, and all other files are in put in htdocs/ and all .cgi,
.pl files must reside under cgi-bin/. Here's our Apache configuration:

<VirtualHost X.X.X.X:80>
    User username
    Group clients
    ServerAdmin webmaster@domain.org
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/vhosts/domain.org/htdocs
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/vhosts/domain.org/cgi-bin/"
    ServerName www.domain.org
    ErrorLog /usr/local/vhosts/domain.org/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /usr/local/vhosts/domain.org/logs/access_log combined
    <Directory /usr/local/vhosts/domain.org/htdocs>
        Options Indexes
        AllowOverride None
    </Directory>
    <Directory /usr/local/vhosts/domain.org/logs>
        Options Indexes
        AllowOverride Limit AuthConfig
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>