Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:11:26 -0800
From:      Justin Hopper <jhopper@bsdhosting.net>
To:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Clustering options

I was waiting for some activity on this list so that I wouldn't just
join and blurt out a question, but so far I haven't seen any messages on
this list.

My question is pretty general: what hardware clustering options are
there for FreeBSD?  I was looking at the Appro Clustering product that
they have, but they list only Linux and Windoze as supported OSes.  I
scoured their site looking for documentation on exactly how their
clustering appliance works, like how it actually presents itself to the
OS as a unified piece of hardware, but I could find no documentation at
this level.  The idea of using a blade-style system seems appealing, if
it worked in FreeBSD, which is the only operating system that we use for
production servers.

Any thoughts?
--
Justin Hopper  <jhopper@bsdhosting.net>