Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2006 00:13:32 +0200
From:      Daniel Gerzo <danger@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re[2]: Fwd: Re: RFA: link http://docs.freebsd.org/doc/ in docs

Hello Simon,

For example: http://cvsup.sk.freebsd.org/~danger/kernelbuild.html

> My initial reaction is that while I think we should improve info on
> where to find old docs, most users don't need them, so adding this to
> alle pages might be a bit overkill...

Well, while this is your own opinion, other users may disagree here ;)
Let's wait for reactions of other people...

> Hmm, and now I see that we actually already have a link at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ to the old docs...

I know about that one :) But I agree with Tom Ken that our users don't
usually read the Handbook introduction when seeking for some
information. (We discussed it on #bsddocs last night.)

--
Best regards,
 Daniel                            mailto:danger@FreeBSD.org