Date:      Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:46:35 +0200
From:      Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org>
To:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, edwin@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ngrep and libpcap from ports

--=-3oCjyX5KaUE8O5UpcyBR

Le Vendredi 22 juillet 2005 =E0 19:32 +0200, Jeremie Le Hen a =E9crit :
> Florent,
>=20
> > > This patch will link against the libpcap from ports if it exists.
> > > I'm not sure this is the correct way to write this, feel free to chan=
ge
> > > it's needed.
> >=20
> > 	I wouldn't fix it that way because it would lead to unexpected=20
> > 	behavior.
> >=20
> > 	I'd use base pcap includes unless WITH_PORTS_PCAP is defined=20
> > 	(which add pcap to LIB_DEPENDS).
>=20
> Thanks for your reply.  I'll take it as the way to go it as I'm
> convinced you are far more experienced in ports than I am.
>=20
> Here is the updated patch.  Note nevertheless that adding
>     --with-pcap-includes=3D${PREFIX}/include
> to CONFIGURE_ARGS is required or ngrep configure script will fail
> miserably with the message I showed in my previous mail.
>=20
> Regards,

	Still won't work for you (or people who have libpcap installed=20
	from ports and doesn't have WITH_PORTS_LIBPCAP).

	Something like this would be more appropriate :

	.if !defined(WITH_PORTS_LIBPCAP)
	# Default behavior
	CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D --with-pcap-includes=3D/usr/include
	.else
	CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D --with-pcap-includes=3D${PREFIX}/include
	LIB_DEPENDS=3D     pcap.2:${PORTSDIR}/net/libpcap
	.endif

--=20
Florent Thoumie
flz@xbsd.org