Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:44:01 +0800
From:      "Intron" <mag@intron.ac>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        alexander@leidinger.net
Subject:   My Linux AIO Implementation Calling for Test

Download: http://ftp.intron.ac/tmp/linux_aio-20060727.tar.bz2

Based on FreeBSD aio(4), my patch set has implemented 5 system calls
of Linux Asynchronous Input/Output: io_setup(2), io_destroy(2),
io_getevents(2), io_submit(2) and io_cancel(2). It only works with
7.0-CURRENT.

I hope in a future day ORACLE 10g for Linux can run on FreeBSD.

Please focus you test on:

1. Robustness against invalid calling arguments (especially those for
    malice attack that would cause security problem or kernel crash).
2. Behavioral similarity to Linux 2.6.17.
3. Efficiency.

The ELF binary "testaio" is compiled on Redhat 7.2 with libaio-0.3.105.

See "readme.txt" in my package.

This is my first kernel code contribution to FreeBSD. I would hear from
you for your suggestion.

                                                 From Beijing, China