Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:08:35 -0700 (PDT)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Where are my drives?

Hi All,

I have not really used FreeBSD in a very long time.

FreeBSD 8.
500gb boot
8 x 1.5tb drives installed connected to a 3ware 9500S-8 card

I am trying to see what the 8 x 1.5tb drives are called and if they are recognized.

I read that FreeBSD 8 has the driver for 3ware by default.

I added a twa_load="YES" to /boot/loader.conf as well as lines for ZFS

I do a: egrep 'ad[0-9]|cd[0-9]' /var/run/dmesg.boot
and I just see my DVD (acd0) and my 500gb SATA (ad4)

How to I add these drives? When I start the machine, I see the 8 drives listed during BIOS post, attached to the 3ware card.

What do I do to get my drives recognized?

-Jason