Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2008 01:08:40 +0900
From:      Lachlan Michael <lachlan@lkla.org>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot auto-mount digital camera

--=-xz5fiiP41Z4eiJU5Shb4

After upgrading to Gnome 2.22.0 and 2.22.1 I cannot auto-mount my
digital camera anymore. This used to work fine in 2.20.3 before the
upgrade.

All details can be found at http://lachlan.lkla.org/tmp/Camera_2.22/

Plugging in the camera gets me either "Mass Storage Device" and "USB
Drive" (screenshot 0) or "993MB Media" (screenshot 1) in the Computer
section. No icons are mounted on the desktop, nor can I mount or browse
any of the icons that appear. The system without the camera connected is
shown in screenshot 2.

All other files (lshal etc) are at the link above.=20

I thought I had followed the instructions at the hal faq closely, but
evidently something has gone wrong!

As an aside, the two windows  (FAT) partions are mounted successfully
(but they are listed in /etc/fstab)  but neither do icons appear on the
desktop as they used to. Instead, you have to look under "Filesystem"
where they appear as ordinary directories. Perhaps this is intended.

Regards,

Lachlan

--=-xz5fiiP41Z4eiJU5Shb4

--=-xz5fiiP41Z4eiJU5Shb4--