Date:      Thu, 04 Jul 1996 04:09:14 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@Nuxi.cs.ucdavis.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD ports list)
Subject:   Re: 2.1.5 package problem

"David E. O'Brien" wrote in message ID
<199607040248.TAA13286@relay.nuxi.com>:
> I've noticed that the US (letter) version of the a2ps and psutils
> packages are missing from
> ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/packages-2.1.5/print

Hrm.

> It was my understanding from Satoshi that US versions of the packages
> would be built and shipped with the release.

I'm not quite sure how we can do this. My opinion right now is if this
is going to be a problem, not to have a package at all and let the
user set it up the way he/she/it wants. I did notice that a2ps was
packaged by default to be A4, which I thought would irritate the US
users. I can manually compile and add a package, but I can't remember
how Jordan's package indexer things works, and it may be fun trying to
get two versions of the same package shoe-horned into it :-(

Jordan? Any words of wisdom?

Gary