Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 2008 21:48:24 -0400
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@2hip.net>
To:        Tony Sim <y2s1982@gmail.com>
Cc:        des@des.no, vermaden <vermaden@interia.pl>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel GMA x4500 / xorg help

--=-7Ji2rBCGTA3427EWHHDr

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 10:37 +0900, Tony Sim wrote:
> Yes, i've read those reviews.  I also know that the current port tree see=
ms
> to have the latest version of the driver.  I've also read, however, that
> drivers in Freebsd, by default, have disabled support for Intel's later
> graphics cards, and this seems to be in agreement in the description of t=
he
> port....  and furthermore, my laptop, which has the said graphic card,
> constantly crashes whenever xorg tries to deal with the graphics card.  B=
> this i mean the entire freebsd crashes...
>=20
> So since it apparently works with linux and xorg, the driver is there... =
the
> question is, does it work in freebsd?

I am not currently aware of any such limitation.  That said, I probably
need to sync up our agp_i810 with a few new pci id's.  We run the same
drm code that linux does, though I'm still not exactly clear on what
features they have actually shipped with a release.  All Intel cards are
"AGP" and therefore have to use agp_i810 which I suppose I am
responsible for now.  Send me pci id's and I can check on it...

robert.

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 5:33 PM, vermaden <vermaden@interia.pl> wrote:
>=20
> > >
> > > I think the question you *meant* to ask is "does X.org support the GM=
> > > X4500 series".  The answer is "ask on an X.org mailing list".
> > >
> > > DES
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Intel X4500 is already supported by both Xorg and intel open driver:
> > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=3Dnews_item&px=3DNjUzMw
> >
> > It has been even already benched:
> > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=3Darticle&item=3Dintel_x4500hd
> >
> > Regards