Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:06:42 +0000
From:      Craig Butler <craig001@lerwick.hopto.org>
To:        Roey Dror <darwinian.empire@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GDM login without using a password

On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 16:32 +0200, Roey Dror wrote:
> > AFAIK the automatic login feature allows you to nominate a user to
> > automatically log in as... it doesn't ask for the password but I think
> > one can be set (so it doesn't need to be empty).
>
> As I said, the automatic login feature is not what I'm looking for.
> I need to set up more than one user that is able to login without a password.
> The computer is a home computer, so local security is not an issue.

OK the pam stuff that is talked about online is found in /etc/pam.d/gdm.
I have seen a few suggestions to change the auth to optional instead of
required.  However there would be nothing to stop some one logging in as
root through gdm.

Maybe there is some way of fudging gnome to accept more than one
passwordless user account.... good luck finding it

Regards

Craig B