Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 2009 00:14:49 +0200
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: starting panels when gnome starts

On 2009-04-25 22:55, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Gnome-panel is started automatically by gnome-session.  If you are
> running gnome-session, then this should just happen.  However, if
> you're
> corrupted your session, you can add gnome-panel back using the=20
> Startup
> Application preferences capplet.

I start Gnome (and X) by entering startx. As far as I know gnome-
session is then started (it's in my .xinitrc). The panels are never=20
started automatically, and I can't find any error messages.

In my startup application preferences isn't anything about the gnome-
panel. There is an option that running applications should be=20
remembered when logging out, but that just doesn't work.

Marco

--=20
Creativity in living is not without its attendant difficulties, for
peculiarity breeds contempt. And the unfortunate thing about being
ahead of your time when people finally realize you were right, they'll
say it was obvious all along.
		-- Alan Ashley-Pitt