Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2012 15:28:27 +0200
From:      Mark Schouten <mark@tuxis.nl>
To:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS and disk usage

Hi,

Op Vrijdag, 13-04-2012 om 15:11 schreef Volodymyr Kostyrk=
o:
> > These are fiesystems that are created with the following comm=
and.
> > zfs create -V ${size}GB ${ZFS_ROOT}/${diskname}=

>=20
> `zfs create -V` withous `-s` creates reserved volume that e=
ats all=20
> needed space immediately. Technically zfs pool is filled =
only for 23%,=20
> but logically you have only 138G left unassigne=
d.

I understand. However, the created volumes should use a total=
 of 1211GB. That's not 1.6TB like zfs list says. But 1211 + 431 (referre=
d) does come close to 1.6TB.n And 1.6 TB still isn't the 1.77TB that's i=
n the zpool.

I have this feeling that zfs has reserved the spac=
e for each volume, but counts data written to the volumes in usage of th=
e main filesystem. Mainly because zfs list shows me that the volumes hav=
e only 16KB referenced, where /storage has 431GB referenced.

--=
=20
Dit bericht is verzonden via https://www.hyperdesktop.nl/. Alles, =
overal!

Mark Schouten  | Tuxis Internet Engineering
KvK: =
09218193  | http://www.tuxis.nl/
T: 0318 200208 | info@tuxis.nl
M=