Date:      Wed, 01 Aug 2012 12:41:51 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <freebsd@damnhippie.dyndns.org>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Globalscale Dreamplug and 8.3 RELEASE

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 13:48 -0700, Dave Hayes wrote:
> As a related question, I'm noting some conversation by various
> developers about issues with arm...if there are any patches that
> experienced people could point me to that might get arm to work better
> for FreeBSD 8.3 that would be great.
>
> Thanks in advance!

As to this other part of your message that I didn't answer with my last
reply... I think the most important fix you need that isn't already in
8.3 is the change to avoid leaving the i-cache bit disabled on
executable pages after loading a program or shared lib.

I had posted a workaround patch for that on this list a few months ago,
which was oriented towards being as small a change as possible to
implement the workaround.  Since then, my patch was reworked by kib@
into a much more complete and robust change, but that change hasn't
found its way back to freebsd 8.x yet.

The change that got committed to 9 and 10 doesn't apply cleanly to 8,
but this is something we need at work, so I'll get it back-ported to 8
and post the patch Sometime Soon(tm).

-- Ian