Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2001 18:24:24 +0100
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing support in FreeBSD for large file sizes?

According to the "Maxtor picks Windows, dumps open source" article at

	http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-5009496.html?tag=lh

FreeBSD "did not support large file sizes, Macintosh and newer Novell
file systems, or backup and management software from companies such as
OpenView, Tivoli and Microsoft".

Now I can understand what they say about missing Tivoli support - we're
using Tivoli backup here ourselves, and the SCO ADSM/TSM client that we
currently use to backup FreeBSD is passable, but nothing more. A native
FreeBSD client would be much preferable.

What I can't understand is the reference to missing support for large
file sizes - as far as I know, that's one of FreeBSD's strengths! Anybody
care to guess what they mean here?