Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:11:21 +0200
From:      costin <gicabulica@edison.ro>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install instructions

  Hi!

  Just need some simple advices to install the native port jdk1.3

  After downloading all thats needed, and a simple

  # make depends NATIVE_BOOTSTRAP=yes

  works fine when I`m doing the

  # make install NATIVE_BOOTSTRAP=yes

  I get the following messages:

########################
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for jdk-1.3.1p7_2
===>  Configuring for jdk-1.3.1p7_2
===>  Building for jdk-1.3.1p7_2
i386 Build started:   1.3.1-p7-root-030205-15:48
ERROR: BOOTDIR does not point to a valid Java 2 SDK
       Check that you have access to
        /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/bin/java
       and/or check your value of ALT_BOOTDIR.

Exiting because of the above error(s).
gmake: *** [sanity] Error 1
*** Error code 2

So it seems that I need jdk kit for linux as stated in the BUILD file
from the patch set. Now, after installing the package in
/usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.3 (standard) I get the same error even
though I made the appropriate setenv(in csh) and export (in bash) for
the ports

What`s wrong?

--
Thanks,