Date:      Thu, 02 Jan 1997 02:25:58 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        joerg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Did my floppy drive just break or does fdformat no longer work?

Running a kernel built as of this morning from -current, I can no longer
format floppies - I get a cascade of kernel warning messages:

jkh@time-> fd0c: hard error reading fsbn 18 of 16-19 (ST0 44<abnrml,top_head> ST1 4<sec_not_fnd> ST2 0 cyl 0 hd 1 sec 1)
fd0c: hard error reading fsbn 18 of 16-19 (ST0 44<abnrml,top_head> ST1 4<sec_not_fnd> ST2 0 cyl 0 hd 1 sec 1)

And so on.  I can take the exact same floppy over to my 2.1.6 box and
format it there, so I'm positive it's not a bad floppy (that's what I
first thought too until the 10th one I tried proved "bad" and I
started doing some comparison testing).

This could the floppy driver, it could be something it depends on,
I dunno!

					Jordan