Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:09:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Promise IDE board docs

S=F8ren Schmidt writes:
 >=20
 > If you have questions, I might be able to answer, having just writte=
 > the support for our new ata/atapi system....
 >=20

Is this new ata/atapi system the rumored rewrite of the existing IDE
(i386/isa/wd.c, /pci/ide_pci.c) driver?  How close are you to
completion?

I have a slightly off-track question -- should I be able to throw 3 of
these boards in a modern (440bx based) motherboard, and run 6 ATA
disks (1 per controller, 2 controllers per card) & expect things to
'just work' or should I expect problems?  LINT doesn't list example
configs beyond 1 Promise in addition to the on-board controllers, so
I'm wondering if anybody's ever tested a config like this...?

Thanks,

Drew
-------
Andrew Gallatin, Sr Systems Programmer=09http://www.cs.duke.edu/~gallat=
in
Duke University=09=09=09=09Email: gallatin@cs.duke.edu
Department of Computer Science=09=09Phone: (919) 660-6590