Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 2014 12:50:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PXE boot using Grub bootloader fails at mountroot; no PXE devs.

>> when trying to use Grub the client now reboots at the end of kernel

Sooo, I got curious and compiled a full debug kernel that included {options
BOOTP, options BOOTP_NFSROOT} knobs. From the grub menu, without changing
any grub.cfg lines (as previously posted) - hit go and ... YEAH BABY! System
boots and mounts to the exported 11-current_amd64 NFS root.

Two observations.
* The boot process is a little slow and shows a number of error messages.
Hangs for a while before moving on to the final good result. Can share if
anyone needs the output (advise how to capture for PXE-boot)
* My custom kernel config file obviously is missing something(s). How can I
find what they may be? For example I normally have {NFSD, NFSLOCKD} loaded
as modules for if/when I need them, and a part of MYKERNEL - could this be a
cause?

Thanks for the help & regards.

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS