Date:      Mon,  3 May 1999 10:04:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Thomas Pornin <pornin@bolet.ens.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiling XFree on an alpha..

Thomas Pornin writes:
 > On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 08:32:47PM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:
 > > Fair enough. I don't think XF86Setup and netscape work with Linux/alpha
 > > either...
 >
 > I do not know for XF86Setup (my first XFree installation was back in
 > the days where XF86Setup did not exist, and the Xconfigure thing would
 > not work, therefore I write XF86Config by hand) but you may run the OSF
 > Netscape on Linux/Alpha. I have a fully functional Communicator 4.51
 > and it is stable. This requires the OSF shared libs, though (or maybe

FreeBSD is also capable of running Netscape, and other DU binaries
such as Mathematica and S-Plus under the osf/1 compatibility module.
You can fetch it from: ftp://ftp.cs.duke.edu/pub/gallatin/osf1.tar.gz

Be warned that I haven't had much time to play with it since December,
so it might need a little tweaking to get it working again with
-current.