Date:      Sun, 13 Jun 1999 08:36:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@mpcs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhcp client request for a netblk - ideas?

Telco willing, I'm having SDSL installed this week.  It comes with a
/28 static netblk but according to the salesdroid, with a catch and a
half: The addresses must be leased..  Once leased, they're static.

My question is how to coerce my firewall into leasing the entire /28
on behalf of the network it's hiding (and NATting, possibly,
hopefully) and without forcing the hidden hosts to use dhcp, or to
exist even as ifconfig aliases.

   Setup:

        ****
<- SDSL ----  firewall[*]

                  |--- a server

                  |--- another server

                  |                          {"secured" LAN below here}
                  |--- firewall -----------------

                                                |--- user boxes

The 10bt interface marked **** is the one I need to pass my leases
across.

I want to be able to lease the entire /28 in one shot if I can to for
ex allow implementing altq bandwidth limiting on some
services/servers/user classes.

If this were a normal routing situation I'd run gated or something to
advertise the /28 route but this funky Fujitstu SDSL modem seems to
have different ideas about routing.