Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:16:43 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: neomagic 256av audio

From: Tony Maher <Tony.Maher@eBioinformatics.com>
> Dell PhoenixBio 4.0:
> System devices:
>     Audio              Customised
>       SB IO address    280
>       WSS IO add       530
>       AdLib IO add     388
>       Interrupt        7
>       1st DMA channel  0
>       2nd DMA channel  1

Hmmm.  My SONY VAIO Z505D doesn't have these menu in it's BIOS.  So I
cannot configure sound feature as ISA device.

> dmesg:
> ....<delete>......
> ... try to identify the yamaha
> pcm0 at 0x530 irq 7 drq 0 flags 0xa211 on isa
> mss_attach <mss>0 at 0x530 irq 7 dma 0:1 flags 0xa211

I've heard some of 256AV-machine can recognize sound device as SB16
compatible.  I don't know that it is hardware emulation by 256AV or
additional chip for SB16 compatibility.

I'm trying to port Linux's 256AV driver to FreeBSD-current.  But I
cannot initialize it and freezed when reading status port...

# Yes, I'm a newbie for kernel & device driver programming. :-)

Jun Kuriyama // kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp
            // kuriyama@FreeBSD.org