Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:52:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMI MegaRAID datapoint.

I have the Enterprise 1400 Megaraid adapter with (currently 16M) on
it.  I have tested the various modes of operation (different raid
levels and striping) and find it to be working well.  My LVD array
consists of 8 18G Quamtum IV's.

Now... using vinum and either the 2940U2W (Adaptec LVD) or the TekRAM
(NCR) LVD (using the sym0 device) gives 30 to 35 M/s under RAID-5.
This is impressive and subject to the bug that I mentioned in -STABLE
which still hasn't been found.

The AMI MegaRAID 1400 delivers between 16.5 and 19 M/s (the 19M/s
value is somewhat contrived --- using 8 bonnies in parrallel and then
summing their results --- which is not 100% valid)... but the MegaRAID
appears to be stable.

I would like to know, however, if there are any planned or
in-the-works utility programs for the amr device.  In particular, a
program to print the state of the array would be useful.

Dave.