Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2017 21:57:28 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unbound(8) caching resolver no workie on fresh install :-(

I just installed a fresh 11.1-RELEASE system onto a pristine drive.
(Be patient with me please.  I haven't done this in a long while.)

All seems to be working well, however I noticed the new install option
to enable a local caching resolver, and I said to myself "Yea!  Sounds
great to me!"  So I enabled that.

After the install finished and I booted the new system, I immediately
got some console errors indicating that the various default NTP servers
(I also enabled NTP) were not resolving. :-(

So, um, what gives?  This particular machine is, for the moment, NAT'd/DHCP'd
behind my trusty Linksys E4200.  Do I need to poke a hole in that so that the
UDP DNS query replies can actually make it all the way back to this box?
Or is there something I need to diddle under /etc/unbound that isn't just
ready to go, out of the box?