Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:13:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        john@goodleaf.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: local only mail delivery

john@goodleaf.net writes:
> Any qmail junkies out there? How can I force qmail to deliver mail locally
> only, in other words, not even to attempt to deliver to a remote machine. I
> know I could block the port with ipfw, but there must be a less kludgy
> solution.

Do you *really* want someone sending mail to "questions@freebsd.org"
to wind up trying to deliever it to "questions" on your machine? That
seems an odd things to want. I mean - why run qmail at all? Just plug
a local delivery agent in for sendmail (either via
/etc/mail/mailer.conf, or as /usr/sbin/sendmail).

In any case, if you *really* want that, you might try making
/var/qmail/control/locals be a line with a single period. I have no
idea what it will actually do (logically, it should work), so let me
know what happens, ok?

	<mike