Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 2009 04:23:08 -0500
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mehmet_Ali_Aksoy_T=DCYS=DCZ?=" <aksoy.for.research@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Threads and SMP kernel scheduling

Hi all,

After I had a bit googling I got confused.

My questions are simple and they are as follows :

1-) "Are pthreads (or threads in general) of one process scheduled to
different cores on multi-core systems running Linux or BSD?"

2-) What if there are multiple processes which have multiple threads? Does
it change the answer of (1)?

I found some answers but they are not sharp. Somebody says "can be
scheduled" but "can be" is not a precise answer (in my opinion.)

Thanks everybody in advance.

Mehmet