Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2017 11:12:42 -0400
From:      James Geering <j.geering@btinternet.com>
To:        Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot pkg upgrade WindowMaker 0.95.7 -> 0.95.8

Hi,
Another newbie questions I'm afraid but I cannot find the answer in the
documentation
or from google.
I am performing an svn checkout on the ports/head and of course am asked
to accept
the ECDSA key fingerprint.  I'd rather not do this blindly and so would
like to check the
fingerprint as per normal.  However, I cannot find a list of
fingerprints for the FreeBSD
servers.  Where can I find these please so that I can add it to my known
hosts.
Thank you.

-----Original Message-----From: Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To: James Geering <j.geering@btinternet.com>
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 18:42:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Oct 2017, the wise James Geering wrote:

> Ah ok thank you, so I think you mean I have to get explicitly the
> windowmaker port using SVN ? and then build it locally?

If you want to use ports then you have to update your local portstree and
build it locally. If you want to use the pkg then you have to wait until
the windowmaker pkg arrives in the pkg repository.

Perhaps best thing to do first is to read the handbook about pkg/ports:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html

Regards,
Marco