Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2017 10:02:05 -0700
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ubldr question

On Sun, 2017-12-17 at 17:03 +0200, Daniel Braniss wrote:
> Hi,
> in the past there was CONFIG.TXT and/or UENV.TXT where I could
> override the
> default .dtb file set by uboot, but now it seems these files are
> either not read, or the
> command has changed.
>
> So, apart from stoping the loader, and typing Ħenv set fdtfile
> xxx.dtb˘
> is there another way?
>
> cheers,
> 	danny

You should be able to "saveenv" after making your change.

The uEnv.txt that used to be supported was to make it possible to
programatically change the boot behavior from freebsd userland.  That
feature got lost when the uboot ports were all rewritten to use a
default environment (boot scripts and all) for freebsd that is
basically identical to what linux uses.  It's a lot less work for the
port maintainers, but we lost some functionality along the way.

-- Ian