Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:52:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha support

Nik Clayton writes:

 > On Tuesday 12 June 2001  4:04 am, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
 > > Dag-Erling Smorgrav writes:
 > >  > Patrick Ouellet <patrick.ouellet@microtecsecurite.com> writes:
 > >  > > Where can I find a list of all Alpha server which have been ported
 > >  > > to FreeBSD ??
 > >  >
 > >  > This is not a question for -arch.
 > >  >
 > >  > You will find the information you require on the FreeBSD web site
 > >  > (http://www.freebsd.org/).
 > >
 > > Only if he's both persistant and lucky.  We really need somebody from
 > > the doc team to make http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/alpha.html at
 > > least somewhat useful.  Its rather ironic that, as the only fully
 > > "working" non x86 port, alpha has the worst web site.  Even a link to
 > > HARDWARE.TXT would be a vast improvement.
 >
 > Uh huh.  You don't get away with it that easily :-)

I didn't intend to.  I'd hoped to provoke a response from somebody in
the doc team ;)

 > If there are problems with the page, please suggest concrete fixes -- I
 > don't know of any active members of the -doc team that are that familiar
 > with the Alpha platform -- the developer's need to lend a hand as well.

And other than Wilko, I don't know any alpha developers that are
familiar with how the -doc team works and/or how the website is
maintained.  Therein lies the problem.

Patrick Ouellet emailed me a good start.  I've altered it slightly and
left it at http://people.freebsd.org/~gallatin/alpha.html

I'd really like it to eventually look as good as NetBSD's alpha web
page.  Most of the information required for something like that is
already contained in Wilko's excellent HARDWARE.TXT document.
Additionally, I'd be more than willing to help a -doc'er who'd be
willing to adopt the alpha port.

Thanks for your help,

Drew