Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2022 12:14:20 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>
To:        Goran Mekic <meka@tilda.center>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Subject:   Re: DHCPDv6 in non-vnet jail

------=_Part_65_558795370.1648548860306

Van: "Goran Mekic" <meka@tilda.center>
Datum: dinsdag, 29 maart 2022 10:11
Aan: "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
CC: freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Onderwerp: Re: DHCPDv6 in non-vnet jail

> On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 02:34:11PM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> > I assume you have /dev/bpf available inside that jail by a devfs rule so
> > effectively you have all network interfaces and traffic available?
> As a form of test I've put rtadvd inside the same non-vnet jail and I
> can see RA message arrive to the vnet jail. I though I "disconnected"
> something concerning IPv6, but that's obviously not the case.
>
> Let's take a step back. Is there any howto/tutorial on how to put
> isc-dhcpd6 in a non-vnet jail? I don't care if it's jail.conf or some
> jail manager. Can I somehow see where packets end up, like dtrace?
> Should I try some other server/client for DHCPv6? If I can make it work
> in any scenario, that would be good starting point for me to figure out
> what's wrong with my current setup.
>
> Regards,
> meka

Hi,

I think it will help if you share more of your configuration/logs.
Besides you can take a look with tcpdump/wireshark on what happens on different interfaces of your machines to see the traffic flow between client and server.

Regards,
Ronald.

------=_Part_65_558795370.1648548860306

&gt; I assume you have /dev/bpf available inside that jail by a devfs rule so<br />
&gt; effectively you have all network interfaces and traffic available?<br />
As a form of test I've put rtadvd inside the same non-vnet jail and I<br />
can see RA message arrive to the vnet jail. I though I &quot;disconnected&quot;<br />
something concerning IPv6, but that's obviously not the case.<br />
Let's take a step back. Is there any howto/tutorial on how to put<br />
isc-dhcpd6 in a non-vnet jail? I don't care if it's jail.conf or some<br />
jail manager. Can I somehow see where packets end up, like dtrace?<br />
Should I try some other server/client for DHCPv6? If I can make it work<br />
in any scenario, that would be good starting point for me to figure out<br />
what's wrong with my current setup.<br />
Regards,<br />
meka</div>

<hr />
Hi,<br />
I think it will help if you share more of your configuration/logs.<br />
Besides you can take a look with tcpdump/wireshark on what happens on different interfaces of your machines to see the traffic flow between client and server.<br />
Regards,<br />
Ronald.<br />
&nbsp;</body></html>
------=_Part_65_558795370.1648548860306--