Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:01:31 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1015293692.ed29d0@mired.org>
To:        Unix Admin <jacks@sage-american.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPS software for Smart-UPS APC

Unix Admin <jacks@sage-american.com> types:
> Am installing a USB Smart-UPS unit made by APC and its bundled software is
> only for SCO Unix and other non-FBSD OS. Thus, I suppose the SCO is
> incompatible

Not necessarily. If SCO has gone to SysVR4, then you might be able to
use the SysVR4 kernel ABI. Like the Linux kernel ABI, you'll need a
large chunk of an SCO system installed in order to run emulated
software.

> and was wondering which software would be the best choice from
> the ports for monitoring the power and doing the management & shutdown. I
> see the following possibles and if anyone has had with experience with this
> UPS and any of these programs, I would like your recommendations about
> which best to use ...much obliged!:

I'll agree with Bruce that nut works very nicely, though I haven't
tried anything with a USB interface.

	<mike