Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 12:34:21 -0700
From:      George Hartzell <hartzell@kestrel.alerce.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound problem with Sony Vaio Z505HSK and 4.5 Release-p5.

George Hartzell writes:

 > I'm working on setting up a sony vaio pcg-z505hsk w/ 4.5-RELEASE-p5.
 > Things are going nicely, but I'm having a problem with getting sound
 > to work.
 > [...]

I have one more piece of data.  On the off chance that there's a bug
in xmms, I build mpg123 and tried it on a local mp3 file.

When I try

  mpg123 june.mp3
or
  mpg123 -a /dev/dsp0.0 june.mp3

I get this in /var/log/messages.

  May 29 12:34:54 peculiar /kernel: pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

So, maybe my thought about interrupts is correct and my attempt to fix
it was broken....

And, "Plug & Play O/S" is set to "yes" in the bios.

g.