Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:43:05 -0700
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        pjklist@ekahuna.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.6 - sendmail: libsm.a and libsmutil.a

pjklist> Clearly Sendmail has their work cut out for them in regards to
pjklist> documentation - it's a mess.

Volunteers are always welcome.  Keep in mind there are only two developers
working on sendmail (Claus and I).  We try to do the best we can but we are
not perfect and we don't have infinite time (though it would be nice --
anyone have a time machine they can donate to sendmail.org?).

pjklist> (ie the info above should be in the Sendmail README file, I would
pjklist> think)

I disagree.  It was a bug in the older versions of libmilter which was
fixed in later versions.  The README file shouldn't document what was
broken in earlier releases.  If a user wants to know what is fixed between
releases, they should look at the RELEASE_NOTES file (where this change is
noted).  If they want to know about known issues in the current version,
they should look at the various README files and the KNOWNBUGS file.