Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:35:25 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   latest imap-uw won't speak to clients with non-SSL connection

I dutifully updated imap-uw and cclient yesterday to the latest
versions, to help reduce the bug count on my systems.  Suddenly,
Outlook and Outlook Express won't speak to it anymore.  The imap
daemon logs this:

Nov 27 11:23:56 yertle imapd[19407]: Command stream end of file, while
 reading line user=XXX host=XXX.kciLink.com [123.456.789.012]

I saw some updates fly by today, so I force-recompiled it using the
WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT option (both imap and cclient).  No change.

It works just great from either Netscape or Mozilla when using SSL,
but KMail (not using SSL) fails the same way.  Do I have to change
something with the inetd configs?  Or does it just not support non-SSL
connects anymore?