Date:      Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:40:27 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tricky USB device.

I've got an "OnTrak" ADU208.  It's a USB device that has 8 relays and
8 ttl inputs.  The documentation says it uses two interupt endpoints
... one input and one output.  It seems to expect small text commands.

Now... firstly, uhid is probing it as uhid0:

uhid0: www.ontrak.net ADU208 USB Relay I/O Interface, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 4, iclass 3/0

... I don't know if this is hindering me.  The usbhid* commands aren't
particularly helpful.  The port udesc_dump seems only to work on ugen
devices ... and ugen doesn't pop up for this device.

I suppose I need to know how to supress uhid ... or to make ugen show
up.  It would also be nice to know how to generically poke the
interupt enpoints...

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave@daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |