Date:      Sat, 17 Jan 2015 10:37:49 +0100
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "pgsql@FreeBSD.org" <pgsql@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: postgresql93 port and libedit

17 jan 2015 kl. 01:41 skrev Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>:

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 08:02:22PM -0800, Waitman Gobble wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org> wr=
ote:
>>> except that libedit is not really an alternative as it does not supprot u=
nicode
>>> (except in head) one solution would be to try linking against the editli=
ne port
>>> which contains the same fixes as libedit in head and see if it works.
>>>=20
>>> Best regards,
>>> Bapt
>>=20
>> Thanks so much for the feedback. I've considered the options regarding
>> my project and I think it's more work to handle end-user devices with
>> a pkg repository if I indeed must manage custom ports built using
>> customized sources. Distributing the initial appliance isn't the
>> problem, i'm working out an update strategy for down the road.
>>=20
>=20
> https://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/pglibedit.diff
>=20
> This patch works for me and accepts perfectly unicode.
>=20
> Can anyone from the postgresql team test, generalize to other postegresql
> versions? (please keep it using the port version of libedit).
>=20
> Best regards,
> Bapt

Hi,

Looks like a reasonable patch. I have a hard time finding the differences be=
tween readine and ilbedit. It aims at 100% API compatibility. How good is li=
bedit? If it degrades functionality compared to readline it should really be=
 an option, but I agree, lesser options are preferred.=20

Palle=