Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 12:47:43 +0200
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        psd@worldaccess.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: finding IDA Sendmail is a disaster

> Does anyone know where to find IDA Sendmail (5.67b), I can't find it
> anywhere, except the binary package for Linux, but I want the full source
> tree! (and originally it won't even run on Linux and now I can only find
> linux binaries, strange!!!)

5.67b has *several* well known (and well published) security holes,
and should *not* be used. sendmail-8.8.7 can do everything you needed
IDA sendmail for in earlier times.

That being said, 5.67b is available from

	ftp://ftp.ntnu.no/pub/unix/network/sendmail/

However, if you install 5.67b on a machine accessible from the Internet
I'd say you're close to inviting a breakin...