Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2002 16:19:02 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-15?B?U/hyZW4gTmVpZ2FhcmQ=?= <neigaard@e-box.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need help determing what HW is causing my problems, please

I have just installed FreeBSD 4.6.2, and the install went just fine.
But I have a problem with pkg_add core dumping, and it is not because
I use tbz format.

If I try to run pkg_add on either a tbz file, tgz file or without
specifying any file, it core dumps. Here is the message:

Bus error (core dumped)
Sep 27 21:41:06 neigaard /kernel: pid 110 (pkg_add), uid 0: exited on
signal 10
(core dumped)

My system is quite useless if I cant install cvsup, since I then can't
update my ports tree, so any help will be appreciated.

What is this, is it a hardware error? I don't seem to have any other
problems whith the machine, but then again, I have really not used it
just yet. I have tried replacing my RAM module, but to no avail.

Please help, I don't know what to do.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,
 Søren Neigaard mailto:neigaard@e-box.dk