Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2024 09:30:13 +0100
From:      Paul Floyd <paulf2718@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Add jail execution environment support to the FreeBSD test suite

On 22-02-24 21:57, igor.ostapenko@pm.me wrote:
> Hi FreeBSD developers,
>
> There is a proposal to improve the FreeBSD test suite.

> I hope that this proposal is found valuable for the project. If so, any help
> is appreciated.

Hi

Will there be an option to turn this off globally?

I sometimes run test suits with Valgrind. I'm not aware of any option to
do that cleanly so I just do it with brute force: run kyua and all
children under Valgrind.

valgrind --trace-children=yes -q kyua test -k Kyuafile

Adding jails into the mix is likely to give worse results. I did try
using an x86 jail as an alternative to VirtualBox but I gave up as I got
too many test failures.

A+
Paul