Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:24:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Valeri Galtsev" <galtsev@kicp.uchicago.edu>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   per user quotas inside jail?

Dear Experts,

After searching the web, reading FreeBSD Docs, trying some hacks found on
some discussion boards... I feel it is not easily possible. Yet, as always
there may be some expert who knows how to do it:

How can one have per user quotas inside jail?

Basically, I would like to give users shell access to some server, but
that I prefer to have in jail, where I will mount all filesystems they
need access to... and the only question is: how do I restrict them so one
(or few) user doesn't fill up the whole filesystem. My mind is not married
to any particular filesystem, UFS2, XFS, ZFS... - the only thing I would
stay away from is NFS exporting on host and then NFS mounting in jail
(which may be easiest if not the only way quota wise).

Thanks.
Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator