Date:      Sat, 06 Dec 1997 01:24:32 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Interested in patches for dhcp in rc.*?

> A lot of people have been asking about our support for DHCP, and as

Yep!

> system.  I've got things going basically the way I want them, and it
> occured to me that adding options for it into rc.conf and rc.network
> would be useful. I can hack the scripts and submit patches, but before I
> do the work I wanted to check on whether it has a reasonable chance of
> being committed.

Well, it's a multi-dimensional problem.  The first part is bringing
dhcp support into the system, perhaps using the NetBSD version as a
starting point (though their makefiles are a little different, having
the ability to mix the subdir and port/lib includes the way they do -
envy :).  Then the dhcp client libraries will intrinsically be
available to things like sysinstall, which could use it to support
dhcp configuration of all the IP values during installation. :)

Then you add all the rc glue to use it and voila, you're done!
When can you start? :-)

					Jordan